Our Energy & Society program kit provides formal and non-formal educators with tools and activities to help students in grades PreK-8 learn about their relationship with energy and investigate the environmental issues related to energy's role in society.
Energy & Society helps students develop critical thinking skills to make decisions about their personal energy use. In addition to hands-on activities, Energy & Society integrates music and dance to enhance the study of energy issues.
Get the Materials
No training is required to purchase the Energy & Society materials. Materials include Energy & Society Activity Guide and Energy & Me Music CD.
Purchase the Energy and Society Kit ($45)or contact your PLT State Coordinator for more information.
Let’s take a peek at what’s inside this module.
Energy & Society Activity Guide
- Background section for educators.
- Outline of how to use the Energy & Society materials with students
- Correlations to national standards in science, social studies, and English language arts
- Student energy primer
- Visual teaching tools such as posters for introducing students to the topic of energy and the issues surrounding it.
- 6 activities that educators can use with Where is the energy? and What powers the move?
- Ideas for action projects and science fair projects
- Energy-related case studies
- List of energy-related children's literature and other resources
- Lyrics to the songs on the Billy B compact disc
Reprinting and Copyright Information
All PLT curriculum materials are protected under copyright laws. Contact the National PLT Office for permission to adapt or distribute Project Learning Tree curriculum materials. Please remember to reproduce responsibly.