GREEN YOUR SCHOOL: SAVE ENERGY AND MONEY WITH PLT’S ENERGY ACTIVITIES
Energy, where does it come from, how do we use it, and what can we do to conserve it? Learn the answers to these questions and more with PLT’s curriculum materials covering all things energy.
By incorporating energy education into elementary and middle school curricula, students will be engaged in real world STEM learning while they discover how individual and collective choices about energy use affect their lives and the whole planet.
PLT’S ENERGY AND SOCIETY KIT – Buy it Now
This kit contains an activity guide full of lesson plans for hands-on energy related activities, a CD and DVD to incorporate music and dance with the study of energy issues, as well as classroom sets of two styles of posters to supplement the activities.
PLT GREENSCHOOLS! ENERGY INVESTIGATION – Register Online to Access
Looking for more ways to teach your students about energy, while inspiring them to take action to green their school, communities, and homes? PLT GreenSchools! Energy Investigation will give you the tools to significantly reduce energy costs and improve student learning and leadership skills, particularly in math and science.
- Supplemental Resources - Explore PLT's Energy Resource Center for a wealth of additional student and teacher resources, including:
- correlations of PLT activities to academic standards, including Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
- connections to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) subjects
- more on topics such as "facking" and climate change
- technology connections
- recommended children's books
- careers in energy, and much, much more!
- Tips for Saving Energy at Home - View the Home Connection section of the Energy Investigation to learn how you can cut energy costs at home.
- Grant Opportunities - Want to do more? If you and your students identify ways that your school could take steps to reduce energy use, apply for a PLT GreenWorks! grant to receive funding to support your efforts.
PROJECT LEARNING TREE PROVIDES:
- Teacher professional development
- PreK-12 curriculum materials aligned with education standards
- A set of five GreenSchools! Investigations
- Grants for student-led action projects
All of PLT’s curriculum materials are correlated to state and national academic standards, including Common Core. They also have Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) applications throughout.