PLT workshops in Maine
- Early Childhood
View our Workshop Calendar and sign up for an upcoming event.
Featured Content from Maine PLT
- Forests of Maine Teachers’ Tours
- A four-day tour, where participants engage in Project Learning Tree activities, meet professionals who work in the Maine woods and develop ideas on how to bring the forest to the classroom or the classroom to the forest.
- Forest Ecology Research Network (FERN)
- FERN is a field-based, exploratory program that connects the best of PLT middle and high school curriculum with the US Forest Service’s forest analysis program to provide our students with opportunities to explore and study the forest.
- Holt Research Forest
- The purpose of outreach and education at the Holt Research Forest is to teach principles of forest ecology and to explore Maine’s non-industrial forests–thus closing the gap between the knowledge gained through research and real-world practice.
- Keeping Maine’s Forests
- KMF is a collaboration of public, private, and nonprofit organizations with interest in the future of Maine’s north woods, including land ownership, recreation, the environment, community development, the forest products industry, and conservation.
Can’t make it to an in-person workshop?
Want to learn more about PLT in Maine?
Visit the Maine PLT Website and contact your interim PLT State Coordinator:
Maine PLT State Coordinator
Director of Education
Maine TREE Foundation
535 Civic Center Drive
Augusta, ME 04332