“I love going to Nebraska PLT workshops because each time I learn new activities and ideas to share with my students, even after 21 years in education!”
PLT workshops in Nebraska
View our Workshop Calendar and sign up for an upcoming event.
Featured Content from Nebraska PLT
- Affiliate Education Centers: Tree Trunks
- Nebraska PLT has developed regional partnerships with organizations across the tree-planter’s state. Each center houses “Tree Trunks” that can be checked out by educators and the public which include PLT curriculum and additional materials.
- Forest Field Trips
- Bring your students to the forest to explore, play, and learn during a field trip! These experiences are perfect for daycares, summer camps, and school/youth groups. Expose your students to a real forest before or after using PLT in the classroom.
- Bring the Forest to Your Classroom
- Can’t take your students on a field trip? Bring the forest to your school with an Outreach Program from Nebraska PLT! We can visit schools both in person and virtually via zoom technology. Click the link for a menu of offerings.
- Apply PLT Activities through Nebraska 4H
- Nebraska PLT works closely with Nebraska 4H to support forestry education including contests at the County and State Fairs. Students can apply knowledge gained through PLT activities to the 4H Fair Exhibits and Tree ID Contests while earning awards.
- Register for Our eNewsletter
- Learn what Nebraska PLT has to offer each month via email! Upcoming workshops, activity ideas, grant announcements, and other environmental education opportunities are featured to enrich you and your students’ educational journey to appreciate trees.
- Past eNewsletter Issues
- Miss out on an eNewsletter? Just register but want to know what is happening right now? Explore past issues of our PLT eNewsletter as well as other Nebraska Forest Service announcements here.
Can’t make it to an in-person workshop?
Want to learn more about PLT in Nebraska?
Visit the Nebraska PLT Website and contact your PLT State Coordinator:
Nebraska PLT State Coordinator
Conservation Education Coordinator
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Forestry Hall, 303E
P.O. Box 830815
Lincoln, NE 68588-0815