"Amazing! I heard this was a cool workshop, but I had no idea how blown away I would feel by it!"
- Starr Stolte, Kid's World Learning Center, Virginia
"This workshop was highly recommended by past participants. I now understand why. A fabulous day and event!"
- New Hampshire PLT workshop participant
"PLT is a low-cost professional development program that provides me with the resources I need to bring my students up. I like that it’s interdisciplinary. PLT GreenSchools! builds math and writing skills, and helps build awareness of social issues and the impacts of government policies. It prepares them to be informed consumers and voters."
- Denise Scribner, Ecology/Biology Teacher, Eisenhower High School, Kansas
If you’re an educator looking to integrate PLT into your curriculum, you’ve come to the right place for resources and opportunities. More than half a million educators have attended a PLT workshop since the program began in 1976.
PLT’s professional development workshops train educators:
- In environmental education
- How best to use PLT curriculum materials
- How to engage with and draw upon their community in learning about and taking action to address local environmental issues
For a full list of upcoming workshops contact your PLT state coordinator.
Types of Workshops Available
Project Learning Tree educator workshops are open to anyone, held at convenient times, and are offered for free or at a nominal charge. These workshops are designed to help you:
- Learn how to incorporate PLT activities into your current and future lesson plans and programming.
- Meet other local professionals interested or already involved in environmental education.
- Become part of a network that offers you follow-up resources and opportunities.
- Learn about environmental education.
Many state coordinators and facilitators offer advanced workshops for trained PLT educators. Advanced workshops are generally theme based, providing participants an opportunity to cover a particular environmental issue in depth. These workshops often encompass multiple days or include overnight stays.
Facilitator (or Train the Trainer) Workshops
Project Learning Tree works because facilitators across the country train educators to use PLT materials. If you’d like to teach your fellow educators how to implement PLT, you will:
- Learn how to conduct PLT workshops.
- Gain leadership skills.
- Gain knowledge of environmental education.
- Learn about and make contacts in your community.
Contact your PLT state coordinator to register for any one of these workshops today!