On Your Mark, Get Set, Be Inspired!
Are you ready to be part of something extraordinary? We are thrilled to announce a milestone event that promises to shape the future of environmental education in classrooms and communities across the nation. For the first time in over 25 years, Project Learning Tree, Project WET, and Project WILD are joining forces for a groundbreaking joint conference!
We are inviting all professional development leaders to join us May 13-17, 2024 in beautiful San Antonio, Texas for a week filled with experiential learning, inspiring speakers, and plenty of opportunities to connect (and reconnect!) with individuals passionate about environmental education.
Every journey begins with a single step, and yours starts here! We invite you to be part of a movement that has been at the forefront of environmental education for decades, reshaping the way educators connect students with nature through the power of place-based learning. Together, PLTree, Project WET, and Project WILD reach over 30,000 educators annually with an estimated reach of over 2.5 million students across the country.
Who Should Attend the Conference?
- Individuals who lead PLTree-WET-WILD programs in their state
- Facilitators of PLTree-WET-WILD professional development workshops
- Decision makers who determine professional development opportunities for their school or district (administrators, science/environmental education curriculum leads, and professional development facilitators)
This conference is your gateway to unleashing the full potential of PLTree, Project WET, and Project WILD in your educational community. It’s where innovation meets inspiration and where collaboration sparks transformation.
Special Pre-Conference Educator Workshop (May 13, 2024) – Become Certified to Teach PLT, WET and WILD!
If you are a Texas-based K-8 formal educator, non-formal educator (i.e., museum-based educator, nature center volunteer, etc.), pre-service teacher, or afterschool program leader, you won’t want to miss this! We are excited to bring a special combined Project Learning Tree, Project WET, and Project WILD professional development workshop that promises to energize and motivate you!
Be a part of creative exploration and investigation as it unfolds before your eyes when you use the natural environment, including trees, water, and animals, to teach students about STEM, language arts, social studies, and more.
During this experiential workshop, you’ll:
- Gain confidence to both teach outdoors and incorporate nature inside the classroom
- Build lasting connections with other educators from Texas
- Become certified to teach activities from PLT, WET and WILD
- Roll up your sleeves and have fun!
Learn more about the PLT-WET-WILD conference, including the special pre-conference educator workshop at www.plt.org/conference.