Not able to attend an in-person workshop? You can access our professional development anytime and anywhere through our online courses.
About Our Online Workshops
PLT currently offers three online courses for:
These online workshops are self-paced courses composed of several 20-30 minute learning experiences, called coursels. Each coursel has been designed using best practices in online learning and teacher professional development (review The 5+ Guiding Principles of Teacher Professional Development for more information). They prepare educators to integrate environmental education materials into their instruction.
Each online course provides a high-quality professional development experience.
- Focus on learning outcomes important to today’s educators
- Authentic tasks and project-based learning, including modeling activities and lesson planning
- Easy-to-use content focused on planning and preparation
- Connections to resources such as relevant online tools, supplemental content, and local and state resources
- Videos of educators modeling PLT activities and tips for how to adapt activities for your students and context
- Interactive simulations demonstrating key concepts in PLT activities (available in the K-8 online workshop)
- Interaction with the instructor, with clearly articulated expectations for completing the course
Is Online Learning for You?
PLT’s online courses are designed for educators who are comfortable with self-directed learning. Each online course can be accessed whenever and wherever you are with an internet connection. A basic knowledge of computers and web browsers is useful to be successful.
For more detailed information regarding each of our online workshops, visit shop.plt.org. Interested in a sneak peak of PLT’s online workshops? Check out this free coursel, Welcome to Project Learning Tree!
Here are screenshots from the Early Childhood, K-8, and GreenSchools courses to help give you a flavor of the online training experience: