Not able to attend an in-person workshop? You can access our professional development anytime and anywhere through our online courses.
About Our Online Workshops
PLT currently offers several online courses:
- Environmental Education for Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Green Jobs: Exploring Forest Careers
- Treemendous Science! for Grades K-2
- Energy In Ecosystems for Grades 3-5
- Carbon & Climate for Grades 6-8
- Early Childhood
These online workshops are self-paced courses composed of several 20-30 minute learning experiences, called “modules.” Each module has been designed using best practices in online learning and teacher professional development (review The 5+ Guiding Principles of Teacher Professional Development for more information). They prepare formal and nonformal educators to integrate PLT materials into their instruction.
Each online course provides a high-quality professional development experience.
- Focus on learning outcomes important to today’s educators
- Authentic tasks and project-based learning, including modeling activities and lesson planning
- Curated Materials that expand and deepen knowledge of relevant content areas
- Easy-to-use content focused on planning and preparation
- Connections to resources such as relevant online tools, supplemental content, and local and state resources
- Videos of educators modeling PLT activities and tips for how to adapt activities for your students and context
- Interactive simulations demonstrating key concepts in PLT activities (available in the K-8 online workshop)
- Adaptations for Remote Teaching, with step-by-step guidance to lead selected activities in a virtual setting (available in the Green Jobs online course)
Is Online Learning for You?
PLT’s online courses are designed for those who are comfortable with self-directed learning. Each online course can be accessed whenever and wherever you are with an internet connection. A basic knowledge of computers and web browsers is useful to be successful.
Access this interaction A Closer Look at PLT’s Online Workshops: What’s included, and how to get started.
For a sneak peek into PLT’s newest online course, check out this preview of PLT’s Green Jobs Exploring Forest Careers Online Course.
And here are screenshots from our Early Childhood, K-8, and GreenSchools courses to give you a flavor of the online training experience:
Learn more about our online professional development and for detailed information regarding each of our online workshops, visit shop.plt.org.