“AK PLT encourages teachers and students to actively engage in outdoor learning, experiential education, and opportunities to explore one’s backyard.”
“This was the best professional development course I’ve had as a teacher. The instructor was well-prepared, had a plethora of materials for students to peruse, and developed a sequence that helped us understand science standards, various resources, the PLT curriculum and lessons, techniques, and so much more. I feel much more prepared for the start of the school year.”
– Becky King, workshop participant
PLT workshops in Alaska
View our Workshop Calendar and sign up for an upcoming event.
Featured Content from Alaska PLT
- Alaska specific online professional development courses
- AK PLT focuses on fire education in Alaska. This online course combines PLT’s Explore Your Environment pd course with 5 Alaska-specific modules. Learn about the role of fire in Alaska including fire ecology, fire management and firewise practices.
- PLT in Denali National Park and Preserve
- This resource developed by an Alaskan PLT educator contains 20 + mini-lessons for the 2021 edition of PLT’s Explore Your Environment: K-8 Activity Guide.
- Alaskan Specific Resources for PLT
- Find Alaskan specific content such as videos and worksheets to enhance your PLT activities here!
Can’t make it to an in-person workshop?
Did you know that Alaska PLT offers online professional development?
Want to learn more about PLT in Alaska?
Check out PLT in Denali National Park: This resource developed by Alaskan educator Leola Rutherford contains 20 + mini-lessons for the new 2021 edition of PLT’s Explore Your Environment: K-8 Activity Guide.
Explore these PLT Resources for Alaska’s Teachers and Educators and contact your PLT State Coordinator:
Alaska PLT State Coordinator
Wasilla Soil and Water Conservation District
1700 E Bogard Rd # A203
Wasilla, AK 99654