“Award-winning materials, workshops for credit (or just for fun!), terrific educator network. Idaho PLT is the place to be!”
“With the hands-on activities, and often times outdoor experiences that go along with teaching these lessons, learning is always exceptional.”
“The reputation of these classes and the instructors is known statewide. Our time is not wasted for one minute! Lots of variety.”
– Idaho PLT Workshop Participants
PLT workshops in Idaho
Idaho Project Learning Tree provides a wide variety of virtual and in-person workshops for educators and others who work with youth. PreK, primary, intermediate, middle, high school, home school, outside of school, nonformal – we’ve got a training for you! Many Idaho PLT workshops are 2-day (15 hour) classes offered for 1 graduate level university PD or CE credit. Some workshops offer Idaho STARS hours and some offer Washington clock hours.
View our Workshop Calendar and sign up for an upcoming event.
Featured Content from Idaho PLT
- Sustainable Forestry Tour for Teachers & Counselors
- Immersive experience – encounter beautiful forests, high-tech mills, passionate people, delicious food, proven activities for the classroom, VIP treatment and a full-circle experience of modern sustainable forestry.
- K-12 Grade Level Learning Resources
- Get grade level-specific learning resources to promote Idaho forest literacy for K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
- Arbor Day Photo Contest
- Spring photo contest for 5th-12th grade Idaho youth
- Tree Cookies
- You can learn a lot about a tree by reading its rings.
- Free digital and print teaching resources
- Free posters, bookmarks, videos and more
- Idaho Forest History Supplement
- The Idaho Forest: From Lumberjacks to Lasersaws. This forest history supplement provides a Student Reader and accompanying teacher guide to explore the past, present and future of Western white pine, geography, forest technology and people.
Can’t make it to an in-person workshop?
A number of online courses are available! Access short, on-demand online trainings through either National or Idaho PLT, and reach out to your state coordinator to learn about the many more online trainings Idaho PLT offers.
Want to learn more about PLT in Idaho?
Visit the Idaho PLT Website and contact your PLT State Coordinator:
Idaho PLT State Coordinator
IFPC Education Program Manager
Idaho Forest Products Commission
350 N. 9th Street #102
Boise, ID 83702