February 11, 2022
Are you a parent who has been amazed by how your child’s teacher went above and beyond during the pandemic?
Are you a school administrator or teacher whose colleagues struggle and still manage to inspire despite being in one of the most difficult periods of their careers?
Have you attended a PLT workshop recently and want to thank your PLT facilitator for an amazing experience?
About the Giveaway
PLT wants to help you green your community and show a little love to outstanding educators in the U.S. and Canada!
We’re giving away an Outdoor Classroom Kit to celebrate and uplift educators who go above and beyond for their students, and encourage those working with children to take students outside to learn.
Spending time in nature has been linked to benefits for both emotional and physical well-being in children and adults. That’s why we want to give one lucky educator a prize that encourages them and their students to get outside and enjoy their environment while learning about the natural world.
Each educator nominated will be entered into a draw to win the PLT Outdoor Classroom Kit—and many will be highlighted on PLT’s website, social media, and in PLT’s monthly newsletter, The Branch.
If you want to nominate an educator, submit a nomination form before the March 14, 2022 deadline!
If you would like to share pictures, videos, or other materials along with your nomination, complete the nomination form and note that you are submitting more materials. Then, send us an email with the subject line “Outdoor Classroom Kit Giveaway” and include your name, the name of the educator you’re nominating, and the name of their school or organization.
Giveaway Prizes and Recognitions
One educator will receive a PLT Outdoor Classroom Kit, which includes the following items valued at more than $1,000 USD:
- $50 gift certificate from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds Co.
- 1 SFI-certified cedar raised garden bed
- 25 outdoor student journals
- 25 SFI-certified clipboards
- 25 copies of PLT’s Pocket Guide: Seeds to Trees
- 1 copy of PLT’s Green Jobs: Exploring Forest Careers Guide
- 1 copy of PLT’s Explore Your Environment: K-8 Activity Guide
- PLT merch: mug, water bottle, and a #MyGreenJob backpack
All giveaway participants will receive a one-time 50% off PLT shop promo code good for one digital purchase.
Why Nominate an Educator?
As we all know, this has been an extremely difficult time for educators. It’s important that we recognize educators’ dedication and perseverance in providing students with the best educational experiences possible, despite all of the barriers that have arisen to make their work more difficult than it has ever been.
Here are a few reasons to take a moment to nominate an educator:
- Thank an educator who has made a difference in the lives of you, your child, and your community.
- Recognize and celebrate the contributions of other educators in your network.
- Appreciate educators who think of new ways to engage students and do everything they can to help children learn.
- Make an educator’s day.
Want to feel inspired? Take a look at a few of PLT’s Teacher Stories to learn new ways to engage kids in outdoor learning and see examples of educators doing great work!